Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The GreenStar Remodeling certification works for remodels of virtually all sizes and types, making certification of those projects meaningful and attainable. We are hoping to be taking a Sustainable Home Consultants remodel project through the Mi GreenStar Pilot program, please stay tuned for more information.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Friday, November 4, 2011
On 11.11.11 come see our "River Escape" project a truly affordable home that was built to be 88% more energy efficient than and standard new code built home. This home is a Zero-Energy home that is projected to be a LEED for Homes“Platinum” project. The home is also a finalist for Green Builder Magazines "2011 Home of the Years". And is ZeroStep“Silver” Certified (Lifetime Design or Barrier Free) from Disability Advocates of Kent County Michigan.
Key Sustainable/Green Features
- Rain Permeable Gravel Driveway.
- Lifetime Design (Barrier Free)
- Zero step entries.
- Energy Star North Star Triple Pane Windows.
- Energy Star LED & CFL lighting.
- Energy Star Ceiling Fans.
- Energy Star Appliances by Frigidaire.
- SIP Panel Roof
- Frost Protected Shallow Foundation (with R-20 Dow Insulation beneath it.)
- BuildBlock ICF Construction (with 40% Fly-Ash)
- Advanced Framing (Studs @ 24” o.c.)
- James Hardie FiberCement siding (with recycled content)
- MiraTec Trim (formaldehyde free, SCS Certified)
- Central Vacuum System (Greatly reduces in-door air pollutants)
- Concrete Floors through-out main floor. (Colored in the concrete mix)
- FSC certified Bamboo Flooring on second story.
- FSC certified stud interior walls.
- No-VOC Paints and primers.
- Low-VOC caulks and sealants.
- Amish Built Kitchen Cabinets from wood within 5 miles from the project site.
- Dual-Flush toilet by American Standard.
- Low flow shower heads and faucets.
- Pex Plumbing.
- Radon Venting.
- Radiant Heat Through-out Home.
- Life breath HRV (heat recovery ventilator)
- Passive Solar Design.
- Solar Hot Water. (30% Tax Rebate)
- 4.1kW of Photovoltaic (30% Tax Rebate)
- Pellet Stove (Back up Heat System)
- Pre-wired for a future Wind Generator.
- Pre-wired for future battery backup.
Please RSVP with us at 616.957.LEED (5333) or at firstname.lastname@example.org